Sunday 28 April 2013

A Google+ Experiment

A social networking experiment of my own ...
With the Bits & Pieces blog now having racked up 4,500 pageviews and an audience that includes the US, UK, Canada, Germany, China, South Korea, Sweden and obviously Australia, I wonder if there is any interest in forming a Google+ Community to share comments, news, ideas and maybe technical problems.

Social networking started with Mailing Lists, IRC Chat and Forums and then progressed to Blogging, Podcasting, MySpace, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Those that are still a force in social networking differentiate themselves by their purpose, timing and brevity. Twitter, for example, is for short, frequent messages not dissimilar to IRC Chat whereas Blogging is for more considered substantial content. I see that Facebook and Google+ fit somewhere in between.

Having already set up one Private Google+ Community for a Club, I thought I might try a Public Google+ Community and see how it goes. On the right hand side of this blog under "My Links" there is a link for the Bits & Pieces Community. If you click on this link you will go straight to the Google+ Community I have established. Click on the red "Join community" button to become a member and you should be able to join in the ongoing discussion. Needless to say, if there is no interest I will discard the Community! Hence why this is a Google+ experiment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment